Okay! So there has been a slight change of plans for the D.I.Y. thing. I was going to show you how to make a double hide, but that was rather big and bulky. So I got to thinking, “What if there isn’t enough room in my readers’ enclosures for this? Oh no!” I came up with a simple, but equally adorable, jar hide. It’s very simple, but depending on how you decorate it, it can be very elegant.
I made mine camo and glow-in-the-dark zebra, but you can make yours whatever color you like!
Things You’ll Need
- Glass jar
- Duct tape
How To Make It
- Remove the lid from the jar.
- Cut a long strip of duct tape.
- Wrap the middle of the jar with the tape.
- Cut another strip of duct tape.
- Wrap this strip just above the middle strip.
- Cut yet another strip of tape.
- Wrap this just below the middle strip.
- This time, cut two short pieces of duct tape.
- Tape them together.
- Cut a circle shape out of the combined square that is big enough to cover the bottom of your jar.
- Place the circle on the bottom.
- Cut one last strip of duct tape.
- Wrap the middle of the jar again.
- Put the lid back on the jar if wanted. (Only do this if the lid already has a hole in it. If not, don’t cut a hole in the lid, as it could be sharp and possibly cut your gecko.)
Ta-da! You’re done!
Here’s what mine looks like: