One of the most important things for keeping leopard geckos, other than an UTH, is a humid hide. In a minute, I will talk you through making one step-by-step. It’s super easy, and only took me five minutes.
Things you will need:
- Glad container OR any plastic container AND its lid/cover
- Matches OR lighter
- Substrate (I use damp paper towels.)
How it’s made:
- Take your container WITHOUT THE LID ON and cut a hole in the side of it, big enough for your gecko to crawl through.
- Light a match OR use a lighter to somewhat melt the sharp edges of the hole you just cut.
- Wash the container to get rid of the smokey smell.
- Repeat step 2 and 3, two more times.
- Put the lid on the container (I use the lid as the bottom of the hide.)
- Put in your moist substrate.
Tah-dah! You’ve got a brand new humid hide!
The finished product:
For more DIY, leave a suggestion in the comment section below!